Valentines Day was a little over a week ago, but we’re still craving sweets over here at OMstars.com, so for today, we’d love to share a super simple smoothie bowl that you’ll be able to whip up and serve in minutes! We got this super tasty Mocha Banana Smoothie Bowl recipe from Lee Holmes, founder of Superchargedfood.com. Check it out, then give it a try and let us know what you think!
- 30 ml (1 fl oz) shot of espresso coffee or dandelion tea
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon Love Your Gut Powder (optional)
- 1 frozen banana, sliced
- 40 g (11F2 oz/1F4 cup) hazelnuts (or any nuts of your choice), soaked and roasted
- 125 ml (4 fl oz/1F2 cup) Coconut Milk
- 125 ml (4 fl oz/1F2 cup) Almond Milk, or other non-dairy milk of your choice
- toppings of your choice, to serve
Pour the coffee or dandelion tea into a small bowl, add the chia seeds and let them sit for a few minutes. Transfer to a high-speed blender.
Add the cacao powder, diatomaceous earth (if using), banana and hazelnuts.
Pour in the coconut milk and almond milk and whiz until there are no lumps; the mixture can be quite thick. If your blender is struggling, add extra almond milk or water in small amounts to help it along.
Pour the smoothie into a bowl or serving vessel; we’ve used half a coconut shell. Garnish with your choice of toppings — fresh banana slices, a sprinkling of mixed nuts and seeds, shaved fresh coconut, micro herbs — and dig in!
By Lee Holmes