Growing up, one of my favorite desserts
to have was cookies and ice cream.
There was something about that, that I just totally loved, but as I grew up, and got older, I realized that having cookies and ice cream every time I wanted a dessert wasn’t really going to be the best idea. That’s when I decided, I needed to healthify this amazing treat, and that’s what I’ve done. I will be showing you guys how to make corn flake and oat cookies, and banana ice cream.
- 1 ¼ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup cornflakes
- Dash of cinnamon
- 4 super ripe bananas, frozen
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the dry ingredients together, then add maple syrup and mix together until combined.
- Form into small balls, flatten and place on a parchment paper on baking sheet. Bake for fifteen minutes.
- While cookies are baking, blend frozen bananas and vanilla extract together until thick and creamy like ice cream.
- Place in freezer while the cookies finish baking so it doesn’t melt.
- Then serve together in a bowl
And there you have it. Cookies and ice cream healthified, but still just as delicious as the way you would remember it from your childhood.
By Devyn Howard
My name is Devyn Howard, and I am a vegan food blogger from San Diego, CA. At 11-years-old, I realized that it didn’t morally make sense for me to continue eating meat as I made the connection that the animals on my plate were the same animals I adored when they were alive. From that point on, I dedicated much of my life to promoting vegetarianism, veganism, and cruelty-free living. I’m eager to show the world that veganism can be incredibly easy, fulfilling, and delicious, even while traveling the world. I share restaurant recommendations from around the globe, proving that a cruelty-free lifestyle need not inhibit one’s experience in a new culture. Traveling from Asia, to Australia, through Europe, and the U.S. is always an exciting foodie adventure…even as a vegan! I’m currently based in Los Angeles, CA, and have plans to take over the world one plant-based plate at a time. Join me on my adventure! Connect with Devyn on Instagram.