As yogis, we all work hard to live as consciously as possible. That includes properly fueling our bodies with nutritious, cruelty-free, foods that are still delicious and satisfying. We’re here to help make that part easy, and we think it’s time to treat yourself! WE found this recipe for Raw vegan Snickers bars with Lee Holmes from Superchargedfood.com, and we can’t wait to try them. Check out her full recipe and give them a try yourself!
Makes: 12 bars
- 1 cup macadamias
- ⅓ cup coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla powder
- ⅔ cup almond meal
- 2 tablespoons Love Your Gut Powder
- ½ cup peanuts, raw or dry roasted
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Line a 10cm x 20cm tin or tray with baking paper.
- In a food processor, pulse the macadamias until they resemble fine crumbs. Add in the coconut cream, coconut oil, rice malt syrup and vanilla and pulse until smooth. Add in the almond meal and Love Your Gut Powder and pulse until just combined.
- Spread this mixture into the lined tray and sprinkle over peanuts and sea salt. Place in the freezer for two hours to set.
- To make the caramel, stir all ingredients in a bowl until combined. Spread mixture over the peanuts and place back into the freezer for another two hours.
- Prepare the chocolate coating by melting ingredients together in a small pot over a low heat. Transfer to a bowl, place in the fridge for 15 minutes to let it thicken slightly.
- Remove the bars from the freezer and using large knife, cut into 12 bars.
- To cover in chocolate coating, first prepare a rack over a tray to catch any dripping chocolate. Carefully dip bars in the chocolate coating mixture and place on the rack. You want to work quickly here to prevent the bars from melting. This is why it’s important your chocolate mixture isn’t too hot but is still melted and has a liquid consistency. You may wish to work in batches.
- Place back into the freezer as soon as possible to set the chocolate. Store in the fridge in an airtight container.
By Lee Holmes