Looking for new ways to stay healthy outside of your yoga practice? We’ve got just what you’re looking for. At OmStars.com, we offer our members tools for staying healthy with yoga practices and traditions that can be used on and off the mat. In addition to yoga classes, we offer meditations, lessons from ancient yogi wisdom, fun yoga culture inspired videos, and plant-based recipes that are healthy, delicious and easy to make.
This month, Jasmine Briones was kind enough to share her gluten-free banana bread recipe with us so that we could share it with you! Check out these simple directions and give it a try!
Date-Sweetened Banana Bread Recipe (Gluten-Free)
– By Jasmine Briones
- 2 tbsp flax seed powder or chia seeds + 6 tbsp water
- 2 cups gluten-free oat flour (or make your own)
- 3 large ripe & spotty bananas, mashed
- +1 banana to top if desired
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates, packed
- ½ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 ½ – 2 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- optional, but recommended: ½ cup crushed nuts
- Preheat the over to 350 O F and line a 9×5” bread pan with parchment
- Mix flax seed powder or chia seeds with the water, stir well and leave
aside until gooey (about 15 minutes)
- In a large bowl, add the flower, baking sodea, baking powder, salt and
cinnamon. Mix well.
- Using a food processor, blend together the dates and liguides until
smooth. Add the mashed banana and flax seed mixture and stir until it’s
- Add date and banana mixture to the dry mixture; stir until combined. Add optional ingredients
- Scoop/pour mixture into prepared loaf pan. If desired, take the fourth banana, slice it in half lengthwise, and press it into the top of the bread, cut side facing up.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick runs clean.
Give it a try and let us know what you think!
Like what you see? Head on over to OmStars.com, for more plant-based recipes, yoga practices, insights and so much more! We’ll see you on the mat!