Who doesn’t love a good Caesar salad? With summer just around the corner, we’re really craving lighter food options here at OMstars, and this recipe by the sensational, Lee Holmes, is just perfect. With simple ingredients that are easily accessible at your local grocery store, and less than 30 minutes of your time, you can easily whip up this vegan version of yet another fan favorite.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 block of tempeh, chopped into (1/4 inch) cubes
- 3 tablespoons wheat-free tamari
- 1 Cos lettuce, washed, dried and torn
- 1 small bunch shallots, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 small garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 tablespoons wheat-free tamari
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar-free Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed oil
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat and fry the tempeh for five to ten minutes, or until golden. Add the tamari and heat until warm. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- To make the dressing, mix all the dressing ingredients together in a bowl.
- Place the Cos and shallots in a bowl and spoon over the dressing, tossing to ensure the salad is evenly coated. Sprinkle the cooled tempeh over the top and serve.
By Lee Holmes
Follower her on instagram @leesupercharged
Check out Lee’s website superchargedfoods.com